Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blessed

I'm going to stray away from the "Apartment Thought" motif and speak from the heart.

In late sept...early oct, I was asked to direct the Modern Dance for ACS' Culture Night. I did not realize how big of an impact it had on me.
I went into it thinking "oh, this will be a good learning experience, nothing big" but as I continued to invest more time, thought, blood (okay no blood), sweat (some sweat), tears (inner tears!)...i realized how much ACSModDance meant to me.
I dont want to get into details, but I do want to thank all those who were in the Modern Dance.

Thank you Lana Lui for your urge to improve.

Thank you Alan Dang for making it out to practice and making choreo with me.

Thank you Alison Liu for your perseverance.

Thank you Kelly Chyan for your upbeatness.

Thank you Julie Khol for being funny.

Thank you Jenny Chang for pushing yourself.

Thank you Chett Lin for helping others.

Thank you Victoria Lam for making the girl's piece and keeping me in check.

But to all of you guys, thanks for sticking with this. Thanks for making this an unforgettable experience. We came together as individuals, but came out as a family. Every single one of you guys contributed to making this Modern Dance possible. Whether the performance came out amazing, or not-so-amazing (but it did so its cool :D), it didn't matter. In the end, you guys enjoyed the dance, enjoyed dancing with each other, and in my eyes, are some of the most awesome people. Thank you for letting me be your leader, and I hope I was able to set a good example for all of you.
Don't forget what you've learned from all this. You can forget the dance, that doesn't matter. But remember the lessons, the pains, the joys, and the people. Because in the end, that's what is important.

I want to say more, but...I won't :P You all have my number, so call me :]

No comments:

Post a Comment